The lawsuit between smartphone rivals, Samsung and Apple started earlier this year and finally its starting to draw to a close. Apple claims that the design on various Samsung phones infringed about half a dozen of their patents, but Samsung insists that Apple is trying to remove all of its competitors of the market.In order to disprove Samsung’s claim, Apple needed to provide alternate design options to prove that Samsung had "blatantly copied the iPhone's design". Some samples from these suggestions include:
This along with the doctored comparisons between the iPhone 3Gs and the Samsung Galaxy SII and Apple's hypercritical claim that Motorola [Mobility] had been using its patents to "Eliminate competing alternative technologies"; has made the most valuable company look very foolish.
- Front surface that isn't black.
- Overall shape that isn't rectangular, or doesn't have rounded corners.
- Display screens that aren't centered on the front face and have substantial lateral borders.
- Non-horizontal speaker slots.
- Front surfaces with substantial adornment.
- No front bezel at all.
If Samsung were to comply with Apple's alternative design options we would get something like this: